Thursday, November 17, 2011

An Exceptionally Deep Reflection (7)

Good god, this book is strange. And yet, it's one of the most creative books I've read or even heard about in a long, long time. I love how, just when I thought things couldn't possibly get any stranger, Alberto and Sophie escape from Albert Knag's world.


However, all this talk of reality is bring questions to mind. Is Albert really writing this book-within-a-book? Because what confuses me is, if this is in fact his universe, his creation, then how did Alberto and Sophie escape in the first place (assuming, of course, that Alberto was incorrect in his assumption)? How can one lose control of his own story? It seems to me like, if he actually wanted to keep these characters in his story, he could just write them back in? Or is it possible that this book is writing itself? This is where everything is leaving me purely and utterly baffled.


Still, however, it was a great read. With the exception of maybe the appearance of cartoon characters, it was very interesting, creative, and compelling. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for, not only a good read, but also a background in philosophy, because the novel also has plenty of information.


Truly, one of the best books I've ever had to read for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment